To our patients and patient families-
I am excited to announce that we will be resuming patient care the first week of May and prior to doing so we wanted to take this opportunity to make you aware of some changes we are putting in place to insure the health and wellness of our patients, families, and orthodontic team.
These changes are based on recommendations made by both the ADA and the AAO.
- Prior to your visit, you will be contacted to complete a short Wellness Survey to better gauge the health status of your household. The survey is a series of a few questions that better enable us to determine the timing of orthodontic care. It also helps ready our team if additional procedures such as repairs need to be performed.
- We ask that patient’s brush their teeth prior to coming to the appointment to eliminate the need to brush in the office.
- Prior to your visit, we encourage you to make plans to limit the number of people accompanying the patient to one family member. We understand some appointments require a parent to accompany the patient into the office, but many routine adjustment appointments can be accomplished with a parent waiting in their vehicle. This is of course based on your comfort level as we never discourage parents coming into the office. If you choose to wait in your car, we have dedicated a phone number for you to text us when you arrive (Text Line: 314-370-3502). We will then have a clinical staff member meet your child at the door and accompany him/her into the office.
- Prior to entering the clinic, we will have a Wellness Station where the patient’s temperature will be taken and recorded. CDC guidelines recommend anyone with a temperature above 100.4F not be seen and be reappointed. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office and you will also find some in other areas of the office for you to use as needed.
- You may notice our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and children’s toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Prior to rendering treatment, we will ask that all patients rinse with Colgate Peroxyl, a peroxide-based mouth rinse that has been shown to decrease microbial load in the oral cavity.
- To promote social distancing, non-related patients will be seated with an empty chair between.
- If you did not accompany your child either into the office or into the clinic, we will be providing a short “report card” outlining treatment rendered, oral hygiene grade, and timing of the next appointment.
- To eliminate front desk congestion, we encourage you to call the office after the appointment to set up the next visit.
Please understand that these changes may make scheduling more difficult given the decreased number of patients we are able to see in a day. We have opened an additional day per week to accommodate for these changes. We are hopeful and encouraged that these changes are temporary.
As always, if you have any questions about your child’s treatment you are encouraged to call me anytime. We thank you for your patience as we implement these changes and we are excited to see all of you soon.
Dr. Zachary Varble
Covid-19 related forms: